OFFICIAL PUBLISHER "LATVIJAS VĒSTNESIS"
“Latvijas Vēstnesis” is the official publisher of the Republic of Latvia (RL) performing state functions - providing official publications and systemizing legal acts. Our activity is closely related with the implementation of Article 90 of the Constitution of RL “Everyone has the right to know its rights". Residents have the right to be informed about their rights, obligations and responsibilities.
We provide the public with:
Latvia is planning to introduce an official electronic publication in 2012.
- Official journal of RL “Latvijas Vēstnesis” (“Latvian Herald”, free e-version: www.vestnesis.lv) – only a publication in "Latvijas Vēstnesis” is official in Latvia. We are planning to introduce an official electronic publication in 2012;
- vortal of legal acts likumi.lv – consolidated and systemized legal acts. All content is free of charge. Since 01.02.2011 systematization of legal acts in this site has been provided by the Ministry of Justice.
- LV portal “On law and the state” – a specialized portal for dialogue between the public and the state. Interpretations, laws in practice, opinions. Informative aid in state information and legal acts;
- journal “Jurista Vārds" - specialized weekly journal for judicial thought and practice. The largest external forum of Latvian lawyers.
The book publisher of “Latvijas Vēstnesis" publishes high quality legal literature thus promoting the development of legal science.
State Limited Liability Company (SLLC) “Latvijas Vēstnesis” was established on February 2, 1993. Ministry of Justice is the holder of state shares.
- We have introduced the integrated management system: we operate according to the requirements of international standards ISO 9001:2008 (quality management system) and ISO 270001:2005 (information security).
- Official publisher does not receive finances from the national budget.
- Income is composed of payments for publishing the obligatory announcements (notices), subscriptions and retail of periodicals, activity of the book publisher and transferring the official information for further use.
“Latvijas Vēstnesis” provides the following state functions:
- publishing laws and other laws and regulations drafted by Saeima (the Parliament), president of the Republic of Latvia, Cabinet of Ministers, Constitutional Court and the ministries (official publication in "Latvijas Vēstnesis” and its e-version www.vestnesis.lv);
- systemizing legal acts (vortal likumi.lv);
- informing the public about legislative politics in the country as well as promoting judicial thought and awareness of the public based on the principles of a democratic country (LV portal, journal “Jurista Vārds” and publishing legal literature).
We provide the public with: official journal of RL “Latvijas Vēstnesis”; vortal of legal acts likumi.lv; LV portal “On law and the state” and journal “Jurista Vārds”.